Monday, May 19, 2008

Yet another voice...

Marc Chagall, I and the Village

Count mine as yet one more voice who says, "I love Jesus, I love the church, but I seriously question the organization that the church has become."

My observations are not especially insightful, my questions not unique. I have no desire to bash or lash out from a perspective of having been hurt or wounded. I am not a battered sheep nor a neglected lamb. A child of the 60s and 70s, it might be said that I have an oppositional streak, and that "question authority" was ingrained in me from an early age. Nevertheless, I also carry a good bit of Midwestern conservatism in me, and my path has been fairly conventional over the years.

However, I find myself with many others in our culture at the moment on the outside looking in when it comes to the organized or institutional church.

The purpose of this blog is to capture insights from others who are standing with me out here, and to personally work through my own thoughts and feelings.

No comments: